Dental health is essential, as it can affect the entire body’s well-being. When having a toothache, most people may be tempted to put it off until their next scheduled appointment. However, some situations require immediate attention from an emergency dentist in Garland, TX.

Residents should be aware of these circumstances to ensure they receive prompt treatment when necessary. This blog post will discuss seven signs that may require you to visit an emergency dentist in Garland, TX.

Avulsed or Lost Tooth (Teeth)

If you have lost one or more teeth due to injury or trauma, seeing an emergency dentist as soon as possible is critical. If a tooth is re-implanted within thirty minutes of being avulsed, it has a 90% chance of survival. However, after two hours, that rate drops to only 10%. Do not attempt to reimplant a tooth yourself, as it may cause more significant damage.

Fractured, Broken, or Chipped Tooth

If your tooth is chipped, broken, or fractured, it can be painful and make eating difficult. Moreover, untreated dental fractures can also progress to infections or abscesses, further complicating your situation. An emergency dentist – Garland, Tx will thoroughly examine your tooth and provide appropriate treatment to avoid further complications.

Excessive Bleeding – Especially After Oral Surgery

If you experience unexpected bleeding after oral surgery like an extraction or after knocking out a tooth, you should immediately see an emergency dentist. Severe bleeding can lead to other problems, such as swallowing blood, which can induce nausea or vomiting. An emergency dentist can help to reduce the bleeding and prevent any complications.

Severe Pain

Severe teeth, jaws, or head pain can indicate a severe oral health problem. The pain may be caused by various issues, from tooth decay to gum infection or an abscess. If you are experiencing intense pain in your mouth, visiting an emergency dentist in Garland, TX as soon as possible is essential.

Severe Infection (Abscess)

An abscess is a pocket of pus and infection caused by dental decay or gum disease. If left untreated, abscesses could spread throughout the jaw, neck, and head, causing profound health implications such as fever or severe inflammation. Call your emergency dentist immediately if you experience any sharp pain or swelling in your jaw that you suspect may be an abscess.

Dislodged Crowns, Fillings, or Bridges

It’s standard for crowns and fillings to loosen or fall out, especially if you have had them for a while. If you ignore this, you may have a higher risk of bacteria or tooth decay entering the tooth and causing severe pain or infection. Call an emergency dentist clinic to replace, repair, or re-cement your dislodged crowns, fillings, or bridges.

Get An Emergency Dentist In Garland, TX, When You Need It Most

Dental emergencies can happen anytime, and being prepared and informed about what to do when they arise is essential. Knowing when to visit an emergency dentist in Garland, TX can save you significant pain and health implications in the long run.

If you experience any of the above signs, do not hesitate to contact an emergency dentist. Garland, Texas, residents can trust professionals to help them in emergency dental situations. We hope this information has been valuable and thanks so much for reading.


Leave A Reply