Do you want to orient yourself or retrain in the digital professions? Overview of the professions you can exercise in a constantly evolving sector.
Digital, a dynamic sector that offers multiple opportunities
The digital sector is experiencing strong growth, boosted by the increased digitalization needs of companies like the ones which create roleta online dinheiro real, which are looking for talent to meet the new expectations and consumption patterns of their customers. According to the 6th edition of the Growth & Digital barometer of ACSEL, the digital economy association, digital contributes to turnover for 51% of French merchants. This data is increasing sharply (+9% in 2022 vs 2021), proof that digital represents a strategic and business-enhancing channel for all types of organization, regardless of their size (VSEs, SMEs, ETIs, large groups , start-ups, associations, agencies, etc. and their scope of activity (health, luxury, construction, bancassurance, real estate, etc.).
Professions open to all profiles
Digital is also a constantly evolving sector. New technologies are constantly developing thanks to innovation, which offers great opportunities for those who plan to move or retrain in this field. Whether you are creative in nature, with a technical profile, whether you have an analytical mind, a more commercial or strategic streak, with an appetite for writing or data… there is something for everyone! Technical skills, specific for each job, will be required. You can acquire them by following a training course, which will allow you to quickly become operational in a company.
Several statuses to choose from according to your lifestyle
Opting for a career in the web will bring you many advantages. In addition to benefiting from attractive salaries due to the strong current needs of companies, you are also free to choose the status that best suits your lifestyle and your expectations, if you prefer to evolve as an employee, if you of ideas and that you feel ready to launch your startup project, or if you wish to manage several clients independently. And you can switch from one to the other easily, whatever profession you have chosen. With the democratization of teleworking, you even have the possibility of combining business with pleasure, working while traveling, this is what is commonly called digital nomads.
To find out more about the many exciting professions that make up the digital landscape, we invite you to browse this panorama through the 3 key disciplines of the sector:
- Jobs in the tech field
- Digital marketing professions
- Web design professions
This list is not exhaustive. The objective here is to provide you with a more precise idea of the missions behind different job titles, in order to clarify certain designations which may seem a little nebulous to you at first sight.
Jobs in the tech field
Technical profiles are at the heart of the digital ecosystem. Their role is essential within organizations, because they are involved in each stage of the life cycle of a product or service: from its design to its launch, including development, integration testing and the various updates to meet the needs of users.
These professions are currently on the rise. A large number of professions are available, depending on the specialization you wish to turn to: infrastructure and network, web development, cloud computing, big data, data science, personal data protection, cybersecurity , artificial intelligence or robotics.
Here are some examples of flagship tech jobs, among the most sought after by recruiters:
- Systems and network administrator: he is the guarantor of the maintenance and proper functioning of a company’s computer network; he installs and administers the infrastructure while ensuring network security.
- Cloud engineer: he is in charge of storage, management, as well as secure access to company data, via remote servers located in data centers.
- Data analyst (or data analyst): his mission is to create and model databases to facilitate their use and interpretation, in order to help companies make business and strategic decisions.
- Data protection officer (DPO): the data protection officer ensures the security and compliance of the data used by an organization in compliance with the general regulations (GDPR).
- Head of information systems security (RSSI): his role is to define and implement his company’s IS security policy, while protecting it from the risks associated with cyberattacks.
- Digital marketing professions
- Webmarketing encompasses many professions, which make it possible to set up and improve the different stages of the customer journey from a website or a mobile application, but also to promote a brand and the values it defends to consumers online. . These professions have a business and ROI aim, because they aim to increase the number of sales made for a product or service, to increase the volume of visits to a site or an application, or to transform visits into sales, while taking care of the customer relationship and loyalty.
To achieve their goals, digital marketing professionals rely on different techniques, such as:
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) for customer relationship management,
- referencing: SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for natural referencing, SEA (Search Engine Advertising) for paid referencing, SMO (Social Media Optimization) for referencing on social networks, and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) which brings together all these practices,
- commercial emailing,
- affiliation, which consists of offering a product or service on another site in exchange for remuneration,
- digital advertising…
Web marketing is made up of a multitude of positions with rich and varied missions: from the CRM consultant, who advises companies to improve customer relations, to the traffic manager (or web traffic manager), whose role is to optimize the acquisition (referencing, affiliation, partnerships, etc.) to bring visibility to the site of his company or client in order to increase his turnover, through the content manager, who creates content to enhance the image of a brand, and the community manager, for the animation of the communities in order to improve its online reputation. For his part, the SEO manager improves the content and functionalities of a website or an application to obtain a better positioning in the search results.
In a more transverse way, the digital project manager acts as a true orchestra conductor, coordinating the various businesses to implement the digital strategy of its organization. To do this, it analyzes the actions carried out in order to identify areas for improvement to be applied to its next projects. Not to be confused with the role of the product manager, who is responsible for designing products adapted to the needs of its customers and users through careful market monitoring. It should also be noted that the growth hacker relies on the various web marketing techniques mentioned above to contribute to the rapid growth of his business while using as few resources as possible. Just like the e-commerce manager (or webmarketing manager), who determines and implements the digital strategy of merchant sites in order to generate more traffic and sales, by building customer loyalty.